Monday, August 1, 2011

Boil, boil, toil and trouble

So as long as this is still in the beginning phase, I should write down a few things about me.  Most likely you'll read about my church kids, activities I do and gear - all boys LOVE gear and I happen to be slightly obessive about doing research on stuff.  

But I always get the question

"So, what is it you do?"

I tell them I'm a chemist and then they don't have a clue.  I tell them I make medicine and they can't fathom how one actually goes about doing that.  Finally, I tell them to think of it like making potions.  Thanks to the Harry Potter series, I see recognition illuminate their faces. Patronus... whatever.  Since I know most of you are visual people and/or are bored without pictures.... I drew an example.

chem1

chem2

 Boom. Added bonus if you don't end up a steaming pile. It upsets EH&S

No comments:

Post a Comment